We held a participatory design workshop at Stamen and invited participants to ask their questions about groundwater. Here is the list.
- Where and who uses groundwater?
- Where is tracking happening?
- Which farms use groundwater?
- How many (un)monitored wells are there?
- If I report groundwater that is previously unreported, will someone get in trouble?
- How bad is the groundwater situation?
- Is groundwater regulated in an environmentally and socially just way?
- Where is groundwater?
- What is the geological structure under me?
- How does the water flow underground?
- Do we how how much water is left in the ground?
- Can I compare counties?
- How do we know where the groundwater is?
- Do we, like, dig for it or something?
- Where is the water table near a well?
- How much water do the wells pull?
- Where is groundwater in the East Bay?
- How does the price I pay for water compare to commercial waters (farmers, manufacturers)
- What effect does the type of ground have on water?
- What is the quality of the water
- Is the groundwater toxic?
- Which cities drink ground water?
- Does my drinking water come from ground water?
- Where does my water come from?
- Changes over time given constraint
- Can I see difference levels of rainfall over the years affection water level?
- Is there enough water to live in California for 25 years?
- How has the level changed every year?
- Do wet years give a chance to refill the groundwater?
- What are the seasonal fluctuations in water levels?
- Visual metaphors other that geometry
- Who is the primary type of person who needs to interact with the data?
- Will the new CA Water Atlas work on a Really big tablet so it ccan be like the first book?
- How different will the new CA water atlas be from the old one?
Definitions and Quantities
- Can we see pictures of land subsidence?
- Do groundwater and land subsidence correlate?
- Where does ground water and surface water interact?
- Is the watertable the same as groundwater?
Define the words
- Water table
What do you want to know or see about groundwater?